Division of Business & Professional Studies
The Entrepreneurship Certificate provides the academic foundation and mentoring support in entrepreneurship to guide students as they develop and implement their business ideas and plans. It is primarily designed for new entrepreneurs, small business owners, students who want to enhance their business studies in entrepreneurship, and students who have a sound business idea that they want to transform into a new business venture.
Developing an effective business plan and launching a small business venture are essential components of the Certificate. The Certificate provides a foundation for completing the Associate Degree in Entrepreneurship.
Upon successful completion, the Certificate in Entrepreneurship is awarded.
Successful graduates of the Entrepreneurship Certificate Program will be able to:
- Identify the requirements for planning, developing and launching a small business.
- Outline knowledge of the business and legal foundations for a new business.
- Identify professional behaviors and communication skills.
- Develop an understanding of the multicultural business environment in which entrepreneurship is engaged.
- Recommend the best strategies for entrepreneurship by using critical thinking and analysis, applying decision making resources, and demonstrating sound problem solving skills.
- Plan, design and develop a business plan for launching a new business venture.
Program learning outcomes available by clicking here.